Monday, October 01, 2007

Prego Dreams

People kept warning me I'd have weird pregnancy dreams. They told me I'd dream of having blue babies, babies with problems, monster babies, etc. I've always had weird dreams, but interestingly enough last night was only the second time I dreamed of my baby.

The first time I dreamed we were on a pioneer trek and I had a baby. Not very weird.

Last night I dreamed I had the baby, and when I went to the nursery to pick him up it was kind of like an assembly line. Nurses were handing out babies almost at random. I saw a baby I was sure was mine with red hair. I told him he looked like his Flake cousins. Then the nurse handed me a different baby. I gave the baby back, went to find Matt, and then couldn't find my way back to the maternity unit of the hospital.

There was randomly a person in my dream that looked like a hammer head shark.

That was a little weird.

7 comments:

Juls said...

what are you eating before bed?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I used to not eat anything before bed, but since I've been pregnant a bowl of cereal is not uncommon. The last thing I ate last night was vanilla pudding about 4 hours before I went to sleep.

Erin said...

Yep, those hormones do crazy things to your mind. I had some very strange dreams as well.

Lindsay said...

My dreams are ALWAYS incredibly bizarre (just ask my husband, who gets to hear me tell them while I'm still half asleep) and I didn't notice any differences in them while I was pregnant. In fact, most of my bizarre baby dreams happened when I was a teenager. Go figure.

Brooke said...

I can totally relate. I always dream a lot. But, when I was pregnant...there were some weird ones. I remember dreaming a lot that I had a boy (when I knew we were having a girl.) I had that dream a LOT. I don't remember ever dreaming of a baby girl. I remember one right before she was born when I could see my baby stretching out of the skin in the stomache (like an alien) and it was stretched so much I could see right through and I was trying so hard to see the baby's face. But, it just looked like my 3-D ultrasound pictures. But, the baby did stick her hand through and I got to hold it. Weird, huh? But, then even weirder dreams happened after she was born. I'd be somewhere and have totally forgotten I had a baby or when I had last fed her or changed her diaper or whatever. And, I'd wake up feeling like the worst mom ever. Dreams can be so weird!

CACKEL said...

Brooke, I laughed so hard at your post-pregnancy dream because that was my mainstay nightmare after I had my last two kids. I read that nightmares are a common side effect of sleep deprivation (in kids and adults)and it has totally been true for me. After the babies got older and started sleeping through the night I totally quit having those dreams.

I know that weird dreams are a common hormonal side effect of pregnancy too. It is funny to hear yours Celia. They are bizrre and hilarious.

Lady Steed said...

I wish I had written down some of mine, I know I had them, just can't recall them.

However, I did have a recurring baby dream as a teenager. Ask me to tell you about sometime. I even created a comic strip of it.