Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My greatest sewing collection yet

When I was a little girl I TOTALLY wanted to learn how to sew. My mom sewed a lot of our clothes growing up, and my sister Suzie was an amazing seamstress as well. She won contests and everything. I wanted to learn too. I made one skirt (I'm not sure if I even completed it) and then life got a little too busy for both me and my mom to do more with the sewing.

I was excited to buy a sewing machine last year when we moved in for home projects, and it's been a fun experience figuring out how to do things. I have a small Brother sewing machine that has been good for most things, but I may want to upgrade to something a little better if I continue quilting. I can't really machine quilt with it because it's too small. But right now it serves my needs.

So here is the final crib collection. Quilt (scroll down a couple posts for a good picture of that), bumper and crib skirt. Oh, and Vanessa, I used Simplicity pattern # 9315 I got from Walmart. I don't know if I'd recommend it. I kind of had to alter it a little to make it fit the crib properly. It's a good basic pattern, just not perfect. Oh, and here's another prego picture I wasn't able to post last night.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

The crib looks great! And, you do too! You even still fit in the maternity clothes...by the end, I was in Elliott's t-shirts...not so cute considering he's 6'6" and they were HUGE...but they were long enough! Good luck with this next week!

Juls said...

Wow thats about all I can say, wow!

So I just checked your profile, do you know you are still a cook?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Fixed. Well, it's a little soon, but it will work.

Emily said...

Adorable! I love your crib bedding. I had yellow and blue for my boys also.

Your tummy is still pretty high! I was cringing one Sunday when you were jumping up and down for a song (do as I'm doing, maybe?) -- I am so excited for you! Some of my favorite moments were when we brought our first born home. It's just so sweet being all cozy and home as a family and not worrying about anything else. Good luck with delivery!

Emily said...

Oh, and celia, I put you on my blogroll... hope you don't mind!

CACKEL said...

wow celia, i can't believe you practically taught yourself to sew. did you ever take home ec. from mrs. flake in jr. high? that's where i picked up most of my sewing skills that i don't use anymore. but they do come in handy when i don't want to pay $30 for a harry potter robe. hee hee.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Hahaha. No Home Ec. for me. Matt has had more training in sewing than I have! (He took a Jr. High Home Ec. class I think).