Thursday, September 27, 2007

Getting it together

I'm slowly getting the baby's room together. It's been a disaster area since the baby shower and recent purchases. I got the car seat and stroller, and yesterday I got a changing table for $10 from a ward member. I'm moving out all my craft stuff to make it a little more kid proof.

Also,I finally finished my blanket I've been working on. It took me awhile, but I was teaching myself pretty much how to do everything on this since I've never done a piece quilt or appliqué. I give myself an A- on the finished product, but an A+ on effort. If you remember, I made wall hangings of these animals, so it might look familiar. The wall hangings were made with wool felt. Because I found out that the felt was dry clean only, I went with flannel for the animals on the blanket. So the colors don't match exactly, but they'll do. Also, the wall hangings were hand appliqué, but the blanket was machine appliqué since the flannel was prone to frayed edges.





Next project: bumper pad

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Look at you go! Those are way cute! Though, I have no idea how you're finding the energy to do stuff like this...I was pretty wiped out all. the. time. about 2 months before Garrett was born. So, yeah, go you!

Erin said...

Wow! That quilt is so cute! I definitely give you an A+

Juls said...

I didn't even tie a quilt :) you really get an A+!

CACKEL said...

that is amazing. heirloom quality. if it isn't perfect, you are probably the only person who could tell. good job.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Part of me was wondering if it was a little too busy with all the colors and background patterns.

The mark downs in grade came from being able to see the background fabric through the giraffe (didn't realize it till I was done and out of that fabric) and my binding. Actually, my piecing wasn't great. The turtle square was placed to camouflage a really awkward corner piecing situation.

I'm glad those things don't stand out like a sore thumb...

Erin said...

Celia, you are so talented! That quilt it adorable. Especially since you're teaching yourself!