Friday, October 19, 2007

Potter

I received the 7 book boxed set of Harry Potter today! I pre-ordered it way back when the 7th book first came out, but it didn't actually get released in boxed set form until October 16th. I'm excited to read books 1-7 straight. I think I'll get more of the fine details like that than my previous readings. I devoured a book in a day or 2, and then had to wait a 1-2 years until the next one came out. I generally didn't re-read the books before I jumped into the next one.

Also, Design Mom (someone I don't know, but I happened across her blog which is full of very visually stimulating posts as well as lots of cool giveaways) went to a reading at Carnegie Hall by J.K. Rowling. There was a Q&A on the books afterward that she reported on (follow that link). I found some of her answers to be unexpected and interesting. There are spoilers, so if you have somehow made it thus far without hearing what happens and you don't want anything ruined, don't visit that link.

7 comments:

Juls said...

Dumbledore GAY?! I liked all the other comments but that one!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I have to admit I didn't see that answer coming. I'd never even considered it.

holly said...

Okay, just and hour ago Brent told me that Rowling said Dumbledore was gay. I totally thought he was trying to pull my leg.

Th. said...

.

I hope you didn't lift that package yourself.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

haha. It was heavy! I didn't move it far.

Th. said...

.

Good. I'm relieved.

Amanda said...

oh.. I loved book 7. I would love to start at the beginning and read them all again. I read 1-5 straight through and it was awesome that way!