Monday, September 10, 2007

Things that make me...

I figured I'd do a few more 4's about myself today.

4 things that make me sad:

  1. People who smoke when they are pregnant, and/or around their (or any) children. I feel especially sad for little kids or babies that can't do anything to get away from it. Sad and disturbing on many levels.
  2. Littering. I am continually flabbergasted at how people deliberately dump trash on the side of the road. I'm not just talking about lazy litterers (though that's sad/bad too). You know, I'm talking about the kind of people that leave mattresses on the side of the road. And bags of trash in a field. Seriously. I've seen 3 mattresses littered here. One in a field by our house (it was there for months!!), one thrown over a bridge, and one on a remote back street. We also have 3 open fields near our house where bags of trash have been tossed. The tall field grass also catches all the "lazy" litter. The majority of the city looks good and clean, but look closely in any field here and you'd think we're living in a dump. (Though I have to say, some of the rough areas in Philly where Matt lived in truly were like living in a very filthy dump. I've never seen litter quite like that before. It's sad.)
  3. Matt's gone this week for work. I made a long "to do" list before he left so I could keep myself busy while he's gone. It's better like that. I hope he's getting some good sleep in his hotel without this pregnant lady taking up too much bed space. He'll be back Friday.
  4. Um. I can't think of other sad things right now. I'm sad I am not very good at trivia. I wish I could remember random info. Matt's really good at it. Sometimes I get a little jealous.
4 things that make me happy
  1. Hearing from friends and family via telephone, email and blogs. I love that my sister has a blog now. Then I get to hear funny stories about forgetful tooth fairies, and I get to see great pictures. I've also found a number of friends recently who have blogs and have been able to "re-connect" with friends I possibly wouldn't have otherwise. It's delightful!
  2. Feeling my baby move is very fun. He has really big movements now. The only time I don't really like it is when it's continuous repetitive movement that lasts a long time. It feels like he's knocking relentlessly on the door sometimes. He's been head down the last couple of check ups, so I hope he stays that way!
  3. Kids that actually practice the piano and do really well at lessons. I love that. And I love supportive parents.
  4. There was a hint of fall in the air today! I LOVED IT! The temperature stayed around 75 and there was a nice cool breeze flowing. I even have my windows opened right now. It wasn't quite fall, but it surely wasn't the hot weather we've been having the past couple months. Ah man! I just heard on the news that it should be back up to the 90's by Friday. 8-( I'll enjoy the cool while I can I guess!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Th. said...

.

Hi!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

See, that's what I'm talkin' about. Your little note put a smile on my face th.

Hi.

Kendra said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. It made me happy

Juls said...

I am glad that I make you happy!