Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Sunday Grab Bag

Here in McKinney they change ward times in accordance with school rather than the new year. So we have now moved back to the 2:30 time slot. I don't really mind starting church that late; the worst part is not getting home until 6 PM. In the winter it's already dark by then...It will be that way until the new chapel is finished and wards are moved out of our building. I think that'll be in February. Not too bad I guess. This time change brought about a Primary change. They split Jr. and Sr. sharing times up, and now I have to go to the full 2 hour block of Primary and do opening exercises and 2 singing times. It went fine today, but it does take more preparation and more energy.

I found out today that the Primary Pres. has no intention of releasing me from this calling when I have the baby. Our Primary program was supposed to be November 11th, but that's right after my baby's due. So we're probably going to move it to September 30th. They just plan on getting a sub from the time I have my baby till I feel ready to come back to church. I'm not quite sure how it's going to work, but I guess we'll deal with that then.

Anyway, on with other news.
The yellow shirt picture was taken yesterday in all my pregnancy glory at 28 weeks. The striped picture is a review of me at 24 weeks, a month ago. My belly has felt quite stretched all day today, so tomorrow I'll probably be looking even larger than this picture.

Lady Steed asked me awhile back if I felt like a cute pregnant lady, and for the most part I do. The only times I really don't feel attractive is when I see myself in panel anything. Panel garments, panel pants, they're all pretty ugly if you ask me. It makes me feel like I'm 103 with my drawers up to my pits. Luckily there are cute enough shirts to cover up that ugliness.

I've had to switch to walking completely if I do an outside exercise. This past week my heart rate started getting a little too high when I jogged. Ah well. It was good while it lasted. Walking's not all that bad, it just takes me twice as long to do my route, and lately that's meant that the weather is pretty toasty by the end. Saturday I even got a little smidgen of a sunburn, so I'll have to start wearing sun screen.

I've made some progress on nursery things, so I thought I'd share a few pictures.
I bought the crib from a friend in my old ward for $75. It's kind of old, but it's in good condition. I just finished these quilted wall hangings. Once I figure out where they should go, I'll move them out of the crib and onto the wall. I used the animal designs from a cute target blanket I loved. I wanted to customize the quilt background to match the wall color and window coverings I've already made, and it's fun to have a project to keep me busy these days. These were kind of small prototypes so could I teach myself how to appliqué before I started the actual quilt. I'll also be making a bumper and bed skirt eventually.

These are the chairs I found at the yard sale down the road. The glider/ottoman cost me $30. The green chair cost $15. I think what I'll end up doing when we buy a new couch is find a good slipcover for the green chair. It's proved to be quite comfy. It is horribly out of place a the moment, but that's how it goes sometimes.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy applique, Silly! Those are really fantastic!

Juls said...

I love the googly eyes. That stinks about the time change! But if it is only until Feb that is not too bad.

Lindsay said...

Yep, you are a cute pregnant lady! And way to go on those wall hangings! I get these big dreams of coordinating things for the baby's space, but it just hasn't been able to climb high enough on my agenda yet. Maybe after we move (and the baby gets his own room instead of spending his nights with us) and get settled I'll find the time - and the energy - to get crafty. :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks guys!

As you can probably tell by my mismatched furniture, this will be the only room that somewhat coordinates. I'm trying...

It's just so hard when you're doing things on a budget. I would loooove to have matching furniture and look all put together, but it will require a little more dinero than I can dish out at the moment.

FoxyJ said...

Those are so cute! My kids' room has absolutely no decorating scheme besides "covered in toys". Some day I have a few ideas for cute decorating, but by then they'll probably be too big to want it.

Anonymous said...

You are a very cute pregnant lady. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I always feel cheated to not be able to see my daughters in their pregnant state.

The wall hangings are amazing! Of course, you are amazing too. :}