Tuesday, September 25, 2007

36 Weeks - One Month to go

I had another Dr.'s appointment today. The weekly appointment seemed to come very quickly! So, I now weigh just about the same as Matt. I am right where I should be, but it's still a little weird to know that I weigh in the same as my husband who is a foot taller than me! It doesn't bother me like I thought it would. I'm pregnant.

I got the results for the strep culture test, and I am cultured. I tested positive for the strep, so that means I have to have an antibiotic IV immediately upon admittance to the hospital and another one 4 hours later. I don't have to be hooked up the whole time to the IV, so that's good. If I somehow manage to pop the baby out in under 4 hours before I get the second dose (unlikely), the baby will have to be put on antibiotics so he doesn't get sick from my strep cultures.

As promised, I am gracing you with my monthly picture update. This time I'll give you a few more than just the one. I'll even show you week 36 in 2 outfits. One is in a non-pregnancy shirt, and one is in a pregnancy shirt. I personally think the pregnancy shirt makes me look much more pregnant because of how it hangs...

The black one is a review from 32 weeks.








The rest are from today. Exactly 36 weeks...4 weeks until my due date. It's late so my curly hair is a little crazy...

11 comments:

CACKEL said...

man you are cute. i never took many pregnancy photos. i just didn't want to remember those last few months.

i thought of you the other day when we had a RS lesson on Elder Bednar's talk about making pickles and something about following a recipe.... i dunno, but i'm sure there's a parallel somewhere in there.

good luck in the last 4 weeks! they will fly by, unless you go overdue, and then people say that every day past your due date seems like a month in itself. but we'll cross that line when/if you get to it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks! I want to make a side note that these shorts are one of two pairs that are pre-pregnancy.

Oh, speaking of pickles, the second batch I did with the white vinegar following the recipe more closely turned out quite well. We've got enough cucs to do another jar, so I think we'll do that same recipe and add a little more dill, garlic, and maybe some red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit. But lesson learned...never use cider vinegar (and a lot of it) for pickles.

Brooke said...

Celia, you look great! You're seriously adorable. I really like the white shirt. Is that the one that's not even a pregnancy shirt? Cuz, it's really cute. And, I can't imagine being 8 months and still fitting in prepregnancy pants. At like 3 months, I was in full-blown pregnancy clothes. And, I stayed in them (the pants anyway)for like 3 months after my pregnancy. Then I finally just bought some bigger pants because I was sick of looking pregnant for so long. Good luck with these last 4 weeks!

AmyJane said...

Yep...you look like the turkey timer has popped! It's getting close!

Lindsay said...

Again, cute pictures! And wow...you're sure getting close!!

Sorry about the strep thing. That's kind of a pain. But, on the plus side, if you plan on getting an epidural, you won't have to wait for the IV before they can give you one...it'll already be in you!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

The white shirt is from the Kohl's junior department. Haha. It's obviously not meant to look quite like that, but I think it works just fine.

Juls said...

The brown shirt does make you look a lot more prego! That stinks about the strep thing...are there any side effects for the baby (other than getting antibiotics)? good luck!

Brian & Veronica said...

Yes!!! I've been waiting for these pictures. I love it. Can't get enough!
Love, V

Anonymous said...

Celia babe, you are a doll. What a cute tummy! Will you send me your address. I wish I was close enough we could make a weekend to sew blankets. That's always my families way to officially declare we're "ready for the baby" once we have say....oh.....500 receiving blankets and 259 tied quilts, we're there. I sure hope all goes well with the labor. Keep me posted as you always do.

Love you!
Chantelle

CASSIE said...

OKAY..SO I AM PRETTY MUCH THE SAME SIZE AS YOU AND A MONTH BEHIND YOU...MY HUSBAND BROKE THE NEWS TO ME WHEN HE SAW YOUR PICTURE..I GUESS THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 1ST CHILD AND 2ND CHILD HUH..SERIOUSLY..YOU LOOK GREAT! GOOD LUCK...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Cass, you're also a few inches shorter than me...that might make a difference too.