Sunday, September 23, 2007

And it was a success!

Our primary program was originally scheduled for November 11th, but because I am due October 23, we needed to rethink that schedule. The way it worked out with General Conference, Ward Conference, fast Sundays etc., our options were October 21st or today. We figured the 21st was really pushing it, so we went with today.

Despite the fact that we were almost 2 months early, and last week was the first time we ran through the entire program, the kids did quite a good job today. It was as good as any program I've seen. I bound all the pictures for the songs in order, so they still had their visual helps, but they sang strong and loud. I couldn't have asked for much more. We just got a new Primary President 2 weeks ago and she is perfect for the job. Very, very organized, direct, and firm. She really helped the program go smoothly.

We only had one kid fall off his chair, and that was when the Bishop was wrapping things up.

So, I was happy.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Celia! This is Brooke Jones/Hinckley. I just found all these blogs of people from Snowflake totally by accident by looking at BYU friends. I'm so excited! Your family is so cute and you are so cute pregnant. How fun! Congratulations! You'll have to check my blog. I'd love to stay in touch!

CASSIE said...

SO JEALOUS...OURS IN NEXT WEEK..AND AFTER TODAY..I AM SOO DISCOURAGED..THEY WERE SOO ANTZY AND WOULD NOT PAY ATTENTION...EVERYONE ALWAYS SAYS THAT IT ALWAYS COMES TOGETHER...I SURE HOPE SO! I AM GLAD IS WENT OKAY FOR YOU! I POSTED A PIC OF US IN HIGH SCHOOL..SO FUN!

Lindsay said...

Way to go! Putting together the primary program is something I secretly hope I never have to do. I'm glad yours was so successful! Hooray!

Sarah said...

I'm always amazed at the primary choristers and presidency. I've never had a calling in the primary but seeing all these programs where the kids sit quietly with their arms folded really makes me think you guys are superstars!

Juls said...

I have been through many a programs and it always seems like a little miracle! That is awesome that yours turned out great and is out of the way. now you can just relax and do whatever you want!

holly said...

Oh man Celia, are you the primary chorister? That's awesome. Hopefully your primary isn't as big as in our old ward. I just noticed your blog is missing a "Friends from Texas who now live in Utah Blogs", I know there's at least two of us.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Duly noted and problem fixed!