Monday, August 20, 2007

A new generation

It's just about that time again. A new batch of fresh-faced High School graduates are packing up and heading out on their own for the first time. For some reason it's hard for me to believe that one of those fresh-faced kids heading out is my brother-in-law.

Maybe it's because I met him the summer after my freshman year of college when I flew out to Matt's for the first time. Matt and I were 19. He was 12. Weird.

Freshman year...

What a time.

I have some of my best college memories (and some of my worst college memories) from that year. I met two of my best friends, my future husband, and I set the foundation for the rest of my schooling and life that year.

Wow we were young. It's amazing that it worked the way it did.

Maybe my little bro-in-law will meet his future wife this year...wow. And maybe not.

I still feel like a fresh-faced High School graduate sometimes. Do you ever wonder how you got to where you are? Wonder how the last 8 or 10 or 20 years just passed by?

I do. It also makes me wonder where I will be in the next 8, 10, or 20 years. Will we still be in TX? That would be weird and normal all at the same time. 2 kids, 3 kids, 5 kids? What does life have in store?

Hopefully good things.

2 comments:

CASSIE said...

HEY! ITS BEEN SOO LONG! YOU LOOK SOO CUTE! ARE YOU PRIMARY CHORISTER? ME TO...HOW ARE YOU FEELING? YOU'LL DO FINE...ITS EASY-- I LOVED HAVING JADA..THE PREG AND LABOR..CALL ME CRAZY..ITS THE NEATEST THING! CONGRATS!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yay for old friends! Yes, I am the primary chorister. It's been better than I expected but I wonder how I'll be able to do it with a new baby.

Thanks for the well wishes. =)