Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pirate Movies

Rated Arrrr.

I can't tell you how often I see trailers for movies that are rated R that seem like very entertaining and enticing movies. Sometimes I think, "I bet it's not that bad..." and want to go anyway.

But when I visit the site kids-in-mind.com and read in detail why those movies got the ratings they did, 9 time out of 10 I am reminded why I don't want to watch them. 175 F words and derivatives? Are you kidding me? That's more swearing in 2 hours than I normally hear in a year. Two years even. No thanks.

I have to admit that there are times I read the rating review and think "I swear I've seen some PG and PG-13 movies with worse content than this." And I'm sure I'm right. Movie people try and draw in specific crowds with the rating.

It's frustrating because there are some movies I'm sure are totally entertaining and would do just as well or better at the box office WITHOUT all the stuff giving it the R rating. Why, why didn't they just leave that out and increase their possible viewer base with the PG-13 rating?

So I just wait and hope eventually they come out TV edited one day (though by the time that actually happens I've forgotten all about the fact that I wanted to see them in the first place).

No comments: