Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tying up loose ends

  1. Happy Father's Day to my dad and every other guy out there who is a dad or will one day be a dad!
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY STEED! I promise there are things in the mail if you haven't already got them. Sometimes I'm a little postally impared and I struggle getting things out in a timely manner.
  3. I did not get the secretarial job or even an interview out of the deal. I only know the position is no longer open because it is no longer posted on their website. I'm not quite sure if it's because I applied after it'd been open for about 2 weeks so they were close to wrapping it up, or if I just wasn't cool enough for the job. I choose to believe the first.
  4. I stained the coffee table and it looks pretty good. I like the color though it's not an exact match for the other pieces of wooden furniture in my living room. Matching stain is quite difficult to do and the little picture on the front of the cans can be misleading. I now just need to put on a nice shiney top coat and then I'll take a picture for y'all. (I really don't say y'all but I figured it was a little obligatory because I've been living here for over a month now...)
  5. Matt's feeling quite a bit better, though his abdomen is still a little swollen from surgery. The antibiotics they put him on after surgery made him sick and he was throwing up on Wed. so we had to take him back into the Dr. They gave him a couple more suggestions and perscriptions so we're now a mini-pharmacy. I guess when we get a little low on funds we have something we can sell...
  6. I've been going a little stir crazy here in the house. I've really wanted to do something out doors, but there's not much I can do by myself. I go running in the morning and I walk the neighborhood in the evening. I've REALLY wanted to go rock climbing, but we're in TX. As my husband once said, "We could go to home depot and buy some rocks/bags of dirt and you could camp out and hike around them." I must be getting desperate if that sounds like a viable option...
  7. We bought 2 in. wood blinds for the kitchen and they look really nice. Slowly we'll get this place up to par.

2 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Ugh, I know about the pharmacy thing. I've got 4 different prescriptions right now to keep track of, plus some pain meds that are optional. And everything has to be taken at different times and with different things. Yuck--I just want to get better!

Lady Steed said...

Thanks for the birthday wish!

We too have become a mini pharmacy. Oliver has been pretty sick for the past week and a half. He has been taking SO many different medicines but nothing really seems to be helping.

Hope you find some way to have fun outside soon!