Monday, June 05, 2006

A Step

I took a step today and I'm not sure if it's in the right direction or just a new direction. Though I'm uncertain if it was a step forward or sideways, I'm at least confident it wasn't a step backward. So I'll go with it.

I turned in an application to the McKinney North High School for a House Secretary position. The work time is 215 days a year with May and June off. (Plus all major holidays and the full Christmas break the school would get.) So, that's not bad. The pay isn't outstanding, but I wouldn't expect it to be. The lowest base pay isn't much less than my last job, and depending on how qualified they deem me, it could actually be a 4-5000 more a year.

I still feel a little jaded by my inability to get a secretarial job on BYU campus, but I'm hoping the competition here is not so fierce nor saturated. I guess we'll see won't we? I've done all my stuff online and all I have to do is send in a hard copy of my resume and my college transcripts. The job wouldn't start until July, so I'd still have a little break until then if I were to get it.

1 comment:

Mizike said...

woot! good luck!