Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ANGER

Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... fee... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths...


100 points to anyone who knows what movie that's from. And that's how I feel. Like I could strangle the phone (or whoever's on the other end that thinks our line is a fax line)!

I keep getting these calls that aren't calls really but the stinking fax beeping. Whoever is trying to fax something to our phone keeps trying and trying and trying and trying. AND THERE IT WAS JUST AS I WAS WRITING THIS! THE SIXTH CALL I'VE RECEIVED TODAY WITH THE STINKING BEEPING. It's like the Chinese water torture but with the phone...

This isn't the first time. It's happened numerous days, each time with the sender trying our number at least 10-15 times. I think our number must have been a previous kinkos number that went out of business or something...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something that works with that is (this sounds mean, but it works, I promise) is to scream into the phone "THIS IS NOT A FAX LINE!!". I used to work at home, and sometimes I would dial my home office's phone number instead of fax number when I was trying to fax. And hearing that voice come out of the fax machine....scary. I never did it again!

(This is Lady Steed's friend Leata from high school, by the way!)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks Leata. I didn't know that would work. Maybe I will try that the next time my phantom faxer strikes. (which will probably be tomorrow since they couldn't get through today.)

Anonymous said...

.

I love that movie!

I saw it at Target for $5.99 the other week and foolishly refrained!

(Lady Steed was watching.)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ah, good ol' Th. for the win on movie trivia. I'm taking it on good faith that you really did know it was Clue in 1985 so 100 points to you! Here is the link to the movie clip of that quote. It's just so much better to hear it. You'll have to scroll down the page and it opens in real media.

Th. said...

.

You know, I think I just love the way Madeline Kahn delivers a line.

Anonymous said...

A says to hook up a fax and see what it is...then you can find out the number they are sending it from and call them back.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

If we had a fax machine I would. I thought it might be worth it to invest in one. No beeping today. Hopefully it will be a few weeks at least until the next hit.

Anonymous said...

Don't you have caller ID? It's really worth the couple of dollars a month if you don't have it. That happened to me once and I just took their number off of caller ID and called them back and said (on voicemail) you have been trying to fax such and such a number and this is not a fax. What happens is that they stick the fax on and then it goes on automatic redial. Very annoying. I keep my fax unplugged because of the amazing amount of unsolicited faxes that come if I leave it plugged in.