Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Mom, you have a testimony you need to..."

After the first person bore their testimony in church today, Dean turned to me and said, "Mom, you have a testimony you need to..."  He couldn't figure out what verb he needed to end with, so I supplied him with one. The rest of the meeting he kept telling me I needed to bear my testimony.

There was a steady stream of people, and I never found a suitble break to go up. So with a few minutes left of the meeting, Dean and I walked up ("Dean want to go with you mom."), and waited at the pew closest to the pulpit till we could jump in.  He stood in the "reverent child" spot, folding his arms while I bore my testimony. When I was done, he said, "Mom, you want to holdge (hold) Dean." I picked him up and turned to go, and he said, "No, Dean want to talk!" 

So I went back to the pulpit and he got up close to the mic. He repeated after me, "My name is Dean. I love Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." He said it all and closed with a rousing AMEN!  The congregation had a good chuckle. It was very cute. I'm wondering if he's one of the youngest children to bear his first testimony at 2 years old...  I was proud of him.

No comments: