(Please don't mind my crazified hair. It got wet at the park.)
It took me long enough! I was so ready to have this skirt done a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to not start new projects until I finish projects I'm already working on. I finally decided I wanted to make some baby stuff, so I needed to get myself into gear and finish this up.
The ruffle proved to be much more of a pain than I imagined. It took me 3 nights of trial and error to finally get something to work. I almost wish I'd just kept it a regular old A-line skirt. The ruffle is supposed to be in a contrasting fabric, but the pink I bought just seemed too...bright pink...to make into the whole ruffle. So I just did a "ribbon" band of the pink fabric at the top of the ruffle to help visually differentiate it from the body of the skirt. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, though I think it would have been better with a full contrasting ruffle. I am definitely happy to be done with it!