I wish I'd taken a picture, but I was way too hungry by the end so I just ate it instead. So, here's what I made (visualize with me if you will):
- homemade flour tortillas
- homemade quacamole
- homemade pico de gallo
- homemade horchata (seriously, I was so happy with how this turned out! It's been a long time since I've had it. yuuuum.)
- tried a new homemade seasoning recipe mix for taco meat
- cannery refried beans
- lettuce, sour cream, olives, cotija cheese (fresh Mexican cheese that's nice and salty)
I am stuffed!
Oh, and I made our anniversary dinner last night successfully! When Matt came into the kitchen he said it was one of the best smelling meals I've ever made. And when it was all done he said it was delicious and successful! Now, if you know him well, two compliments at one dinner is not common! So I was happy. We had:
- Alice Spring Chicken (honey mustard marinade, bacon, mushrooms and topped with cheese...so rich we might have this once or twice a year! But boy is it tasty.)
- Corn on the cob (very, very rare here. we eat corn maybe less than 5 times a year, including canned corn. I don't really consider it a vegetable since it's not green, so I haven't figured out how to work it in. Plus, the few times I've tried to give it to Dean he's been extremely unreceptive.)
- Baked Potatoes
We're all feeling much better here. Dean and I have gotten over our stomach bugs and Matt can put on shoes again! The swelling is completely gone now and his blister just scabbed over after he popped it on Sunday night. Gross I know, but I figured I'd give an update.