Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pregnancy PMS?

PMS sure is an easy thing to blame emotional craziness on, so I was wondering if I could still use that excuse while I'm 29 weeks pregnant.

I've had one short fuse the past few days.

"Don't do this! Don't do that! Come here now! NOW! You're going into Time Out mister! Get down! No you can't play with that!" (insert an open hand swat on the bum or hand here and there)

It's a miserable way to live. I'm glad I'm normally not like this. I've had moments where I make Dean say a random prayer with me to help me gain composure and be more patient and loving. I am not entirely sure why I'm feeling like this and why it's harder to shake than normal. Usually it only lasts a few minutes or an hour. But a couple days? Bad Celia.

So I'll just blame PMS and abdicate all responsibility. That'll make me feel better. Right?

Okay, ok. I'll take some responsibility and figure out how to get out of this funk. It really is a horrible way to live, especially because I know I'm being self -deceived and a victim.


Update: I am feeling like the storm has finally broken. Dean had a near 3 hour nap after playing in the sun all morning, and that gave me a little break to recuperate I think. I felt much more like myself this afternoon.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can SOOO relate! Except that I'm not pregnant. Some days are just really bad and I have the worst temper. Usually the only way I can get out of my funk is to have Spencer come home and take over kid duty.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's just sheer exhaustion. I get that way when I have gone too long on insufficient quality sleep. Hope it gets better soon.

Kristi said...

Hehe - you don't want to claim, "the baby made me do it!"? I think we all have bad days. Thankfully the really bad ones don't come around very often. And when your hormones are going crazy it's hard to maintain your normal composure. My tongue got really loose when I was pregnant and I lost all tact. It was like I had no frontal lobe to filter comments. It was great - like telling my husband's boss that the husband had lied about the reason for being late. Good times.

Glad you're feeling better. I find that window shopping by myself can snap me out of a lousy mood.

Amanda said...

ummm,pregnancy is like non-stop 9-month PMS, especially if you have insomnia trown into the mix. it will all come to an end someday and you will have a cute little baby. good luck in the meantime.