Wednesday, November 05, 2008

So long my little surfer boy

I had several people comment on Dean's hair on Sunday. Most said he looked like a little surfer boy. We've been wanting to cut his hair for awhile, but we were waiting till he turned 1. These were the last photos of the long haired surfer boy, taken on Sunday Nov. 2nd. We're cutting his hair in stages since he won't sit still for more than 5 seconds. I trimmed the hair out of his eyes first. The next cut was the back mullet. After that we cut off the side curls. We now just need to trim a little more of the back and we'll be done for a while. It's not short, short, but it's shorter than it was. (The "angry" looking picture is his smelling face. He was sniffing flowers just prior.)




6 comments:

Kristi said...

Those pictures are cute! I love the one of him against the brick wall, as well as his "smiley" picture. Hehe.

CASSIE said...

I can't believe you could have waited till he was a year! Ranan's hair would have been down to his back...he's had about 3 cuts already (1 buzz cut). I have to say...surfer hair or not-- he is a darn cute kid!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Dean has WAY more hair than most of the babies his age at church. He rubbed most of his back hair off when he was about 5 months. He also had really bad cradle cap until about 4 months. When it finally peeled off, it took a lot of his top hair with it.

Maren said...

What cute pictures. And with his hair cut - holy smokes he looks like his daddy! I remember P's first hair cut. I was kind of sad to see the long hair go and didn't realize just how long it was until he got his hair cut. They look so much older. Dean sure is a cutie putootie! I am impressed you are cutting his hair on your own. I am not brave enough to cut anyones hair, let alone someone who won't sit still. Good for you, it looks fantastic!

Lady Steed said...

I can't believe you cut his hair?! Large S should probably have his cut but I just can't bear to remove his adorable curls. Dean's cut looks good though--cute pics are you still using the camera mom and dad gave you for Christmas?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yeah, I'm still using the Christmas camera. It's served me pretty well. When I read your comment I said out loud, "I guess I've never been too attached to hair since it can grow back." Matt said, "You've never been attached to anything." and as an afterthought he said, "I mean that as a good thing. I mean, you won't ever be on clean house since you don't feel the need to hold onto stuff."