Thursday, March 06, 2008

March "page in a bag" entry

So, I was having a super difficult time with this month's "page in a bag." I originally wanted to do a two page layout, but it was just not coming together. The papers we were given were pretty busy and wild, and I just couldn't figure out how to make them work together. With Matt's help I wheedled it down to this one page result. The items we had to use: all of the paper pictured (minus the sayings), the ribbon, and the Rolodex card (it was originally paper bag brown but I covered it with the brown crazy paper). I'll go turn it in tomorrow and will find out in a couple of weeks how it measured up to the other entries.

6 comments:

Cannon said...

wow, celia. This is so cute. I love the colors. My first scrapbooking pages were kind of "learning stage" messes and I wish I could go back and do them over. Oh well. Also, back when I started, everyone said that I should handwrite the journaling inscriptions for posterity etc. I like your typed out ones much better. I just never could quite get it to look good enough for my liking. Oh well. This one turned out great.

Jacqui said...

cute, cute, cute. Love it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'm glad you guys like it. My first scrapbook, the one I started in High School before scrapbooking was really big, is pretty...lame.

Even now I keep it pretty simple. These pages I've done for the contest are the most elaborate I've done. I was at a total loss for what to do with the rolodex card. I had to do an internet search to see how people actually used them. "Altered rolodex" card brought up the best results and gave me some ideas.

This actually turned out much better than I hoped. I kept thinking "this is going to be the lamest entry ever!" But once it was finished, I like it much better than my first one.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, and I don't minds typing things for scrapbooks because it's not my main journal. Plus, when I do hand write things I never use my "normal" handwriting. I use sculpted letters and such, so it's not giving an accurate depiction of my writing anyway.

Erin S. said...

Celia, I love it! The papers were really busy, but you're layout is so clean and simple you can hardly tell! I'd vote for you!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks Erin!! I really appreciate it. What a great compliment.