Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"List of 4's" continues

Guilty Pleasures
  1. I love mayonnaise. And not just a thin spread. I don't slather it on, but I don't skimp either. And there's none of this "light" or "fat-free" or "Miracle Whip" (sick!!) or "I substitute it with mustard since it's fat free" for me. I love Best Foods (or out here, Hellmann's) original mayo. Give me my deli sandwiches, hamburgers, egg salad/ deviled eggs, and chicken salad, etc.. And give it to me with mayo.
  2. Purchasing. Because guilt is so strong on this one, I generally don't pay full price for anything or go shopping very often. But I do love to buy new clothes (at Ross, Target, or Kohls since they have good selections with reasonable prices), furniture, shoes, baby items, craft items, tools, and home upgrades. I also wouldn't mind buying a few CD's here and there since I've only purchased 1 CD for myself since we've been married.
  3. We tend to eat out about 2-3 times a month. I loooove having a break from thinking of what I'm going to make. Taco bell tends to be our most frequent buy because it doesn't make us feel sick (because of fat or price). We might eat out at a real restaurant (that costs $20-30 for the two of us) once every couple of months. But it's always such a treat. As much as we both love our occasional meals out, it kills us both to think what we could have spent that money on instead.
  4. Pushing myself. For instance, I know it's better for me to walk right now than jog, but walking is SO BORING, and my mind wanders too much for me to make it effective. So I do intervals of jogging and walking. Two days ago I wanted to get some yard work done. I thought I'd just mow the front and back (not a small job since our back yard is so large it borders 5 houses!!), but I noticed the edging could really be done. So I did that. And then I noticed the tall grass along the fence and on the side of our house I couldn't get with the mower. So I ended up weed whacking. Three hours after I began, I finally finished. My arms were pretty sore yesterday from the edger and weed whacker. haha. (I do try and listen closely to my body so I don't push myself to the point of hurting myself. I promise.) But boy did I feel good when it was all done. I guess it makes me feel not so bad as I sit here and "waste time" in front of my computer, doing a whole lot of not much.
TV shows
  1. In the summer there's really only one show I hate to miss. And that's So You Think You Can Dance. I just love that show. I even wrote a post with my own dance pictures about it last year.
  2. I often have HGTV or the Food Network on in the background in the evenings when I'm cooking dinner or doing crafts (or just resting from a long day). My favorite HGTV program is Designed to Sell. Right now my favorite Food Network program is Iron Chef America, though that occasionally changes.
  3. In the fall the only "drama" I watch is Law and Order: SVU, but I'm starting to get burned out on that a little.
  4. My favorite show last year was probably Heroes. We'll see if the second season can hold up to the first season.
The shows that were wildly popular that I just couldn't ever get into were as follows: Friends, 24, Lost, Alias, CSI (WAY too graphic), Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, ER, Scrubs, Malcom in the Middle, 30 Rock, Desperate Housewives, and SNL.

While we're still on the subject of TV and wildly popular shows, we went to the Kwik-E-Mart in Dallas last week and bought Buzz Cola, Radioactive Man comic book, and the classic pink with sprinkles Homer Donuts. I guess there were only seven 7-11's in the country that really went all out and converted into the Kwik-E-Mart for the Simpsons Movie promotion, but it was a TOTALLY smart move on their part. There were TONS of people there.

I guess the 4's will have to be continued again. I really need to get something done today before my Dr.'s Appointment (the first sugar test...).

9 comments:

Juls said...

I hope you didn't eat all those doughnuts and colas before your sugar test :) I always liked the orange drink.

Lindsay said...

Though we never saw it during its original run, we got hooked on Heroes in the last few weeks and spent a hefty amount of time watching episodes online. I used to watch the commercial advertisements and think to myself that it sounded like such a dumb show, and I completely surprised myself when I had to admit that I liked it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Hahaha. The orange drink wasn't bad. I only had to drink 1/2 a bottle since it was the first test. By the end it was pretty sweet!! Kind of like a super concentrated melted Popsicle.

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I also got hooked on Heroes at the very end of last season. It's a great show.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I thought it looked stupid from the previews, but Matt thought it looked good. So we watched the first episode and it was so well done we were hooked from the beginning.

Th. said...

.

Is that....DUFF BEER?!?!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Haha. Did you know they were going to make Duff Beer for the promotional happenings, but they decided against it since it was a PG-13 movie?

Anonymous said...

mayo?!?! that's at the top of my list of things i'm not too sad to give up to save calories. it's either light mayo or none at all. haha. i would much rather save my calories for ben and jerry's. mmmmmm. now that's a guilty pleasure.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

We probably only buy a 1/2 gallon of ice cream 3 times in a year, if that. We'll probably end up making it a couple times too. But it's just not on my list.

What I really should have put up on my guilty pleasures is salt/ salty foods (instead of the last one-I just couldn't think of it at the time). I loooove them.