Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It is Tuesday, right?

Today I am supposed to teach 9 piano lessons back to back. I knew the first two weren't coming, but the rest were supposed to be here. So far I've had 3 miss (besides the first two I knew were gone) and the 4th is almost 10 minutes late. I'm guessing she's not coming either. That leaves me 3, all sisters, who will either make or break the streak.

I hope it's Tuesday because that would mean it's the 31st and that's my husband's birthday. I'm picking up his requested Tom Thumb (i.e. Safeway) cake today (white cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting), so I'll be out of luck if it's not!

4 comments:

Juls said...

I do hope you have a no show still pay contract with them...yes, it is Tuesday!

Sarah said...

Wow! And I thought my family was Flakey...

You are so ambitious to have nine lessons in a row scheduled. I agree with juls though, there has got to be some kind of financial reimbursement for your wasted time of sitting around.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

My students don't pay by the lesson. In the school year it's by the month. I get paid a flat rate whether they come 2 lessons or if they are lucky and there are 5 lessons in the month. We are currently under the summer fee that they've all paid.

That one student that was late showed up for a 15 min. lesson and my last 3 showed up and were fabulous! They'd all practiced and passed their songs off perfectly. I LOVE when that happens.

As for the birthday cake, I forgot that I needed to order a 1/4 sheet rather than a 1/2 sheet. Oops. We've got a lot of cake and not a lot of people to eat it. We're going to try and freeze some of it.

Th. said...

.

Lady Steed's always talking about that cake as well.