Friday, July 20, 2007

Three for the price of...

Sometimes it pays to wait. And to open your mouth.

As I was jogging today I passed a moving sale in my neighborhood. They had this nice, plush, comfy green rocking recliner. The color was not quite the green I love, but its not like we have a designer set up anyway, and with all our furniture coming from yard sales and DI we haven't yet established a great color scheme. I figured it could work in place of a glider and it was only $15! As I was trying it out I said, "I've been looking for a glider, but I think this will work out pretty well." One of the daughters at the yard sale house said, "Hey, mom, I've been thinking of getting rid of my glider since I don't use it much. She could take a look at it." So I went up into their house and tried out her glider/ottoman combo that wasn't even a part of their yard sale. Awesome.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the material. The color was black and the material was kind of a faux leather (maybe even real leather..) which I'm not real fond of. But the chair itself was really comfortable. When I asked how much they'd ask for that, they said $30! It was way more comfortable than the first glider I missed out on from Craigslist for $70. Though the other had fit my decor a little better, this one was a WAY better deal.

So, I then had to decide if I wanted the green, plush rocking recliner or the black glider/ottoman combo. And then I thought..."for $45 I could get both and have one in the nursery and one in our bedroom or living room! And that's almost half the price of the one I almost bought in the first place!!"

So I bought both.

And the family was really nice and said they could deliver them tonight (since they wouldn't fit in my neon) when her husband got home. It is handy they live just one street over.

I love finding good deals, but I wonder what Matt will say...

6 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

After I wrote this I remembered that I was interested in their high chair for $10, so I went back and bought that too! Haha. Gotta love it.

nanci said...

I love this about you. I feel I have always lacked in the ability to wait for the right deal to come along. Matt better be happy, when he thinks of all you could have spent on these things.

Anonymous said...

.

My guess: Mmmumbrmbrrumblle.

Lindsay said...

Way to go!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Before buying these he vetoed my recent requests for new and matching furniture for at least another year. So when he found out I bought more eclectic, used furniture he said, "More mis-matched furniture. Now you have no leg to stand on!"

He didn't really mind, though he thought the furniture choices a bit odd since they didn't really fit into our loose color scheme...

Juls said...

haha I do that to Aaron all the time! I figure he is gone most of the time and when he is home he probably won't care what is there as long as it is clean. You should post pictures :)