Saturday, November 04, 2006

Private Party

We had a very busy, very fun, and very tiring day at Six Flags today. Raytheon, Brinks Security, and another company closed the park to the public and had it reserved for their employees at half price.

It was sweet.

Hardly any lines. We were able to walk up to any given ride (for the most part) and get on without a wait. We rode things until we felt like we had whip lash. (Speaking of whip lash, we can't recommend sitting in the back seat of the Texas Giant. It is suposedly the number 1 wooden roller coaster in America, and I can see why. But it throws you around like crazy. We rode the front seat first, and that was pretty fun. So we tried the back seat. Big mistake. I felt like I had whip lash by the end (my head was violently thrown into Matt's shoulder a couple of times) and Matt was having chest pains by the end. It's not for the faint or the weak. That's for sure.)

Two rides out shone the rest. Superman-Tower of Power (WAY cooler than the 6 Flags Magic Mountain Superman ride) and the Texas Titan. We rode each of those over 5 times.

Superman was a 325-foot skyrocketing and ground-pounding, free-fall machine. It catapults riders up a tower with their feet dangling. It kind of toys with you; you never know exactly when it will suck you up into the air or when it will drop you the 345 ft back to the ground. I saw little kids and grown men reduced to tears. It was awesome.

*important: Do not read if you are scared of roller coasters but still get on them*


The Texas Titan was the fastest roller coaster I've ever been on. Its top speed is 85 mph and it has 3 1/2 minutes of loops, helixes, and fast drops. On two of its loops, the G-force was so strong that my eyes started blacking out and my vision was temporarily impaired. It was sweet. The second to last time we rode it the car ahead of us almost had a casualty. One of the pressurized chest buckles released during the ride, leaving the passenger without much holding them in place. No one was hurt, the mechanics came and fixed it, and we got on the very next ride.

So, if anyone wants to come visit us next year, plan a trip for this time of the year. We'll get you details and dates, we can buy you tickets at half price, and you can come with us to the private party. It rocks.

6 comments:

Lady Steed said...

.

Goliath at Magic Mountain almost makes me pass out. Speaking of, I've heard it's closing down. I'm leaving now to check that rumor.

Th. said...

.

Shoot. That was me. But she might have said the same thing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE coasters! We just got our season passes to Hershey Park for next year and I will be able to use it all summer (not like last time when I was prego...I still rode the coasters until I was 12 weeks...) It sounds great. One of the coasters here goes from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds...talk about g force!

Sarah said...

I miss this place! I too blacked out of the Titan - the first time I've ever really been scared on a roller coaster - but it was SO worth it!

I can't imagine how much damage I would have done to my internal organs if I was let loose at Arlington Six Flags with no lines. I'm a scary ride junkie and this is by far the best park I've been to for rides. Superman is impossible to explain in terms of sheer rockingness!

I'm jealous of your weekend!

Mizike said...

sorry for tonight. i was chatting with you when WoW crashed and i couldn't get it started again. not sure what has happened, but my system no longer likes to run it. i'll have to play with it some more later this week.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

No problem at all. I figured it was that or Sky Princess needed you.