Saturday, October 28, 2006

Masters of disguise

We went to a costume party tonight. I wish we would have taken more pictures so you could see how cool we really were. Though neither of our outfits were completely homemade, we both had homemade elements that took a good portion of my week. All in all I'd say we had the best outfits there. Unfortunately you can't see my 6 in. high red Chinese hooker shoes...Velcro and all. You also can't really see Matt's sword holder we spent 3 hours on last night. It turned out splendidly.

Fred and Wilma Flinstone were pretty good though. There were also "drug dealers" (they didn't dress up), "white trash" (they both wore trash bags), a flapper and old school detective, and Kerry before his face lift. He had a "Vote for Kerry" button on earlier, but had thrown it away by this picture.
We'll probably dress up for Halloween, so maybe we'll take more pictures then.

11 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

OH yeah. He's a ninja (with an authentic ninjitsu outfit) and I'm a Chinese/Japanese geisha mix. If you couldn't tell.

Anonymous said...

wow, those costumes really were nice. we just got back from our kids' school carnival, where we saw a lot of people dressed up, and celia's costume is the best i've seen so far. the kerry one made me laugh too.

by the way mom (if you are reading this), i dressed up in grandma's peasant dress for the carnival. i DIDN'T sell it on eBay. i'll send you the pics.

Th. said...

.

Nice.

Lady Steed's impressed you got him to dress up.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks Amanda. Since you are the Queen of Halloween costumes, I take that as a very high compliment.

He was originally VERY anti-dressing up. I jokingly told him I'd dress in black, be a widow, and go without him. He was cool with that idea.

He only would dress up if his costume was beyond awesome. He loves martial arts, and all things ninja are interesting to him. We had to tailor the suit a little since their sizes increased in width as they increased in height. Anything over 6'2" was for people who weighed over 250 lbs. You could have fit another small person in there.

Mizike said...

i was going to log on and see if i could catch up with you guys in WoW this weekend and found my 'friends' list is blank. seems something happened to it. what names are you guys playing under these days?

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh yeah. They erased everyone's friends list awhile back. It was really annoying. I usually play under Pensy. Matt's still under Siph.

Mizike said...

wish me luck! i'm trying to convince my boss to send me to training classes. if he agrees, i'll try to get the dallas option =)

Anonymous said...

Great costumes!

Anonymous said...

GREAT costumes! I have never been too creative or had the desire.

so then have you read the book, "Memoirs of a Geisha"? I just picked it up from the library but havn't even looked at the cover. It was one at the check out line (with three kids it is hard to actually go in and find a book for yourself unless you know exactly what you want) I am also finishing up Enders shadow...i still like it.

Mizike said...

I just wanted to post to show off my new avatar =P

-Mizike-

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween. You guys look great! I have a grim reaper robe at home that I like to wear when giving out candy. That's as far as my creativity goes. Kudos to you for being so creative.