Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Interesting possibilities on the horizon

Today I was looking for jobs on Craig's List, and I found a very exciting job possibility. I just got off the phone with the contact. She's 3 1/2 weeks away from having a baby. She's a dance teacher and will be returning to teaching in January. I'm not sure what he does, but he's a "professional". Soooo, they're looking for a nanny 40 hours a week. Since she's a teacher I'd have all holidays off. Fabulous.

They would want the nanny to start part time in December to help transition and get the baby ready for the change. Starting January 2nd it would be full time. The hours would fit my schedule almost perfectly (I think we can rearrange Matt's schedule a smidge to make it work out perfectly). The pay/hr. is better than what I have now.

She sounded very nice and cool. I'm meeting them on November 11th. It sounded like she liked me, and though I've never had "nanny experience" my large family experience, teaching experience and college major were in my favor. I forgot to tell her I was a cook for 2 1/2 years. She thought it was a bit amazing I'd been married for 3 years and was only 25.

Exciting. Very exciting. I sure hope this works out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome job! I hope it works out. :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I also had an interview with the county HR this morning. They will need a full time extra for tax season (starting November 20th-end of February). She sounded like she really wanted me for that temp. job and that it was likely to turn into a full time job.

She also said one of her HR assistants was leaving around Nov. 20th and would like to concider me for that position. I'd have to take a 2 hour test, but if I got the job it would out pay even the Nanny job by about $10,000/year!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

*consider*

yes i do know how to spell if actually proofread what my fingers type.