Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mid-week Svithe: The Gift of Gab

Today one of my brothers (who shall remain anonymous) sent out a family email with the opening line:

"I will spare all the detail you would have received if this was a message from Celia."

I found it to be quite humorous, though I wasn't sure if it was a compliment or a complaint. My grandma says I have the "gift of gab." I've decided that it's quite possible it's a gift of the spirit, so I will try to use it for good rather than evil...

Meaning I will try to have some short posts in addition to my long- winded posts so I'm not so overwhelming for you succinct people out there. But I can't promise anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth I am sure the gift of gab must be a gift of the spirit! Although it is not mentioned directly, it certainly qualifies as a gift that can profit all. I mean, how would anyone know anything unless some of us talked all the time and told them all about everything!

I enjoy every word of your long posts so don't make them short for my sake. I think this is one "gift" that may be hereditary, considering you mother and father both talk pretty much non-stop.

Hey, where did that brother come from?

Th. said...

.

See? Now that's what svithing's all about!