Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hobby help

If anyone has ideas for fun things I can do on my own (at my house), I'd appreciate it. I think I need a little break from scrapbooking, playing WoW and boggle, online house searching, watching TLC and Discovery, and piano. Though I like doing those things I'm feeling burned out and bored. Yoga's still wonderful, but I can only do that about 1 1/2 hours a day. Readings also good, but I already do that...

Anyone? Mom suggested Family History, but I don't think I'm quite there...

6 comments:

Th. said...

.

I just started juggling. That's fun.

Maybe not for hours at a stretch, but hey--you're just looking to diversify, right?

Lady Steed said...

How about learning Semaphore?

Anonymous said...

online:

archive.org -- a weath of entertainment. vintage government propaganda films, music, online text, annnnd a comprehensive archive of the internet.

netflix.com -- amazing.

npr.org -- can't beat it for news and interviews.

offline:

develop on your recent intrest in chocolate! herbal tea and rasberries go great with dark chocolate. http://www.artoftea.com/

one of my new roomates is really into tea. we usually try a tea from a different country every night. quite fun.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thank you all. All things I wouldn't have thought of.

Nathan, you're a wealth of knowledge. =)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Nate,
I was feeling pretty bad tonight...kind of flu-ish. So, I made up a cup of peppermint tea. (It's the only kind I have right now.) It was very nice. Do you have a favorite so far?

Katria said...

knitting, crocheting, sculpting, bead work... Only if you are into crafts, of course. Other options include scaring the neighbors or anyone passing by. My roommate enjoys that.