Friday, March 10, 2006

Chocolate? What's that?

I know I'm weird, but I am a salty girl rather than sweet. As a child I loved salt so much that my siblings would tease me that it looked like it snowed on my plate. "Celia, would you like some food with your salt?" my brother would ask. That usually ended up with me getting mad and slinking under the table like a wet noodle as my brother called me "spaghetti woman." My mom was convinced that I had some sort of iodine deficiency because I craved salty things. I don't know. Maybe I did... Anyway, I've cut back dramatically on my salt intake over the years, but I still generally prefer a salty snack to a sweet. Don't get me wrong. I like to eat sweets here and there, I just don't crave chocolate, ice cream or other sweet treats. (How can I even be called a woman?!)

Despite all this, I had a first today. Today was the first time, in my life so far as I can remember, that I had a craving for chocolate. Now, it's not that I hate chocolate; it's not so bad. I just genuinely don't care if I ever eat it. Those rare occasions I do end up eating chocolate it's usually dark chocolate because milk is too sweet. But today after lunch I had this feeling like I needed some chocolate, and I ended up eating 4-5 bite sized candy bars before that feeling went away! (I know, I pigged out. haha.)

And I promise, I'm not pregnant. (That would have been my first question if someone else had written this post...)

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

And thank you for answering it so directly.

Th. said...

.

And thank you for answering it so directly.

Anonymous said...

today we went to chocolate world (because right as we were driving by Becca had to go to the bathroom and I didn't want another disaster like last week...waiting too long) and I had some chocolate. I love sweet chocolate but I am aquiring a taste for dark. I like Hershey dark kisses they are sweeter than other dark chocolate. The other day was a chocolate day. You can't live here without liking chocolate.