Monday, September 05, 2016

A good choice

Today we had kind of a rough start with one (or more) of our kids. Usually while getting to church and sitting through sacrament meeting can be tricky with all our kids, they come home having done well in their classes. Today one of their teachers came to get me to help with my unruly child who wasn't listening and was being very distracting in primary. Apparently she'd sat in the hall with him during class, and during sharing time he was still being very wiggly and disruptive. I took him outside, made him do some yoga breathing (prompted by Ramdas Ormond's awesome lesson) had him repeat phrases like, "I am in control of my body" "I am respectful of the people around me." Etc. I did say if she had to come get me again there would be consequences. I asked if he wanted to get a bible from the library he could to keep his mind active so his body would calm down. He declined and had a good remainder of primary.  I had him make treats after church and take them to his teacher and apologize. It turned out to be a wonderful experience for him.  So much of my motherhood I am wondering if I am doing anything right. A lot of times I don't feel like I am. But that. That was right. I am so glad I didn't yell or get upset, but helped him turn poor choices into a positive experience by having him think about someone else.

No comments: