Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Office

The Office is one of my all time favorite TV comedies. It ranks right up there with The Cosby Show for me. Anyway, it's a wonderful conglomeration of awkward and odd people mixed with some witty and rational people. It makes for some side splitting laughter on my part.

However, I'm here to say it's not just fictional offices and management that can be humorous. Though it's a little unprofessional for me to do this, and I really ought to be more careful, I thought I'd let you all read a little ditty that was passed through my office this week. I will not mention any names or places for fear of the wonders of Google searches, but rest assured this was an honest to goodness memo.

English majors, prepare yourselves.

Subject: Wednesday will be Jean/cold weather gear day

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 will be a day for jeans, or cold weather gear.

I don't know to suggest "layering" of clothing, due to outside temperatures, and the variability (some just say cold) of temperature we have had recently in the office.

Thanks.
I say, no, thank you. Thank you for helping me feel less intimidated when I go to my next job interview.

3 comments:

Lady Steed said...

Um...that was horrible. I'm not even sure what they were trying to tell you exactly.

Also, The Office is hilarious. I wish I could watch it more often, but it airs during Ugly Betty which I adore.

I'm hoping the library gets The Office on DVD soon.

Lindsay said...

Hooray! Another Office fan! I have a date with NBC every Thursday night at promptly 8:30 so I can hang out with the likes of Michael, Dwight, Jim, and Pam. It makes for a pretty fabulous way to spend an evening.

I'm with Lady Steed...I'm not sure what exactly that memo was trying to tell you....but I, too, guess that I don't know to suggest "layering."

Whatever.

Also, I agree 100% that Office-quality comedy does not only happen on TV. Oh the stories I could tell from my department!

Th. said...

.

No.