Saturday, February 17, 2007

Eat your hearts out chocolate lovers!

We just booked an anniversary trip (May 3rd will be our 4th anniversary!) to the sweetest place on earth, Hershey, PA. Well, we're actually going to fly in and out of Philadelphia, and our trip will technically start one day after our anniversary, but close enough. Since Matt served his mission in Philly (and since it is quite an historic city), we're going to spend a few days there partaking of the food wonders of the east coast and visiting cool places one might find in the Rocky movies...or history books.

After we've tired ourselves out there, we'll probably head to Reading, PA (the home of the Reading Railroad on the classic Monopoly board) to visit more people from his mission.

And from there we'll head over to Chocolate Town USA, the home of all things Hershey and my sister J.. This is their last year of her husband's medical residency, so we figured we needed to head over there before they head back west.

We'll be gone a little over a week. Hopefully we can figure out how to see my NY brothers while we're out that way.

Maybe we'll have a chocolate spa while we're there...

or not.

Lets just hope this anniversary trip treats our stomachs better than the Guatemala trip 2 years ago. Just say no to giardia!
*shiver in remembrance of one horrible (seemingly-never-ending) month of bowel issues following that trip*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, DON'T BRUSH YOUR TEETH IN THE CHOCOLATE (that flows from the sinks in Hershey World). "Just say NO to Giardhia" totally cracked me up.

I'm jealous of your trip. Have fun.

Lindsay said...

Wow! Sounds like such a fun trip!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

HAHAHAHA!! Amanda, your comment made me bust out laughing. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh that would just be great if the chocolate paste flowed from the sinks...but you only see the chocolate river behind glass...we are REALLY excited to see you! I told Becca you were coming for her birthday (her fourth as well:) j

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I forgot Becca's birthday is just a week after our anniversary. Mom was busy that year!

I told someone from work who's from PA that we're going there in May and she said, "But it's still COLD in May! You should have gone later!" I'm not too worried though.

Anonymous said...

Well maybe it is cold to a Texan, but here where last week it was 20 degrees...May is warm :) I would say 80s.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Perfect. That's exactly where I like it. (Well, 78 is my favorite temp., but 80's pretty darn close.)