Sunday, January 28, 2007

Game Night Jewels

Earlier I started to write a svithe, but the words just wouldn't flow and I wasn't able to convey the message I wanted to. Luckily I was interrupted by some friends calling us to play games with them. We actually weren't in the game mood before we left, but we hadn't seen them in awhile and felt a little obligated to go. We ended up having a lot of fun, so it was worth it.

Here are a few little jewels from the night's gaming:

(While playing catch phrase the word was "breast enhancement")
  • The clue given by one of the guys: "A lot of women in TX have this done."
  • Immediate answer given: "Boob job!"

(After being kind of knocked by his wife he said, completely unaware of the possible underlying connotations)
  • "I'll get you in bed tonight!"
Now you have to know that the couple who happened to say both of these things are some of the most conservative people I know. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying.

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting this over a svithe. I'll try to do better next week.

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

How can laughs offend me?

Lindsay said...

Ha! Ha! Sounds like good times.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

On a related note, as I was baby sitting two girls about 9-10 years old they kept asking me questions about my kid situation. When I told them I did, in fact, want kids, they kept asking why I didn't have kids yet. I said, "There's more to having a kid than just wanting one."

The older of the two said, "I know. I've had the talk. It's weird."

Haha!