Friday, April 09, 2010

Spirit of Elijah

We just got home from a date night to the temple. I think it's the first time I've been to the temple since having Walt. So, it was the first time in about 9 months!

While my parents were here they showed me how to use the new.familysearch.org. It is sooooo much easier and cooler than the old program, and it's pretty awesome that you can get names temple ready and printed out from home. So, I updated some family info. from the PAF my in-laws gave me 2 years ago and I got about 8 names that we could take to the temple.

So, we did baptisms tonight for those family names and it was very refreshing. Neither of us has done baptisms since we were in high school (I guess I probably did some my freshman year of college. Yes. I must have. But I received my endowments when I was 19, so it would have only been that first year for baptisms.) A member of the Temple Presidency gave a little talk before hand (we slid in right before a single's branch) and that was nice.

We set a goal to go once a month now that Walt's big enough to leave, and I really want to do family names every time if at all possible. It's exciting. One of the names we had tonight was Walter Carrington, the great, great, great grandpa that shares our Walter's name.

3 comments:

Jodi Reeve said...

I love the new family search too, it is awesome!

Lois said...

Doing family names is the best! How fun that you got to do Walt's namesake.

Juls said...

Isn't is great! Aaron and I just did about 10 names and took them all the way through (we just did the sealings) Now time to start over :)