Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hop along

Well, I definitely had high hopes for Dean's quick foot recovery. I thought he'd be walking normally by last Sunday or Monday, but it turns out he wouldn't walk AT ALL on his own until this past Wednesday, a week after his accident. I guess he knew what his body needed to recover and he wouldn't allow me to push him too fast. Each day since he's walked a little more confidently. Today he was walking quite a bit, but he still has a noticeable limp and occasionally falls because he favors his right too much. Life is so much nicer (though he can get in a lot more mischief) when he is mobile! He's happier. I'm happier. And my arm doesn't feel like it's going to fall off.

I must mention that even after all of this he still begs to go on "waaahks" (i.e. walk to the park) all the time. We end up at the park usually once or twice a day if it's good enough weather (I prefer not going when it's colder than the 50's!). I ran some errands today during his nap and got home about an hour after he woke up. When I walked in, he was sitting in his stroller in the computer room! He had been begging Matt to take him on a walk, but Matt didn't want to go out (it was pretty chilly), so he strolled him around the house awhile and then just let him hang out in the stroller. haha.

No comments: