Monday, December 17, 2007

Over the river and through the clouds

To grandmother's house we go. Or to Dean's grandmother's that is. And luckily for us we don't have to rely on a horse and carriage to get us to northern CA.

But I am a bit worried to fly with an infant. I'm worried about being that passenger. You know. The one you dread to be seated next to.

At least we have a non-stop flight.

We're leaving tomorrow evening and will be gone until the 3rd. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post while I'm there. If not, Merry Christmas everyone! (And a Happy New Year.)

9 comments:

The Drapers said...

Merry Christmas to you guys! Have a fun and safe trip!

Lindsay said...

I was sick-to-my-stomach worried about flying solo with Garrett from NY to UT. It actually went a lot better than I anticipated due to several things: nice, helpful flight attendants; two empty seats next to me (this was a lifesaver since I didn't have Blake with me to pass Garrett off to when he got fussy...instead I could just lay him down on the empty seats and he could stretch out); the fact that babies really do sleep when in motion or surrounded by loud, droning noises (like airplane jets); and a nonstop flight. You will do great, and so will Dean! I'm sure that most of your flight neighbors will just think Dean is adorable and will be understanding for the fussy moments (because, honestly, adults have a hard time sitting for long flights just like children do!). Have a merry, merry Christmas and enjoy your trip!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Have a safe flight and enjoy your visit.

Erin said...

You will do great. I was totally worried about Anna when we flew to WA. But she slept almost the entire time.

Juls said...

nurse or have a pasifier for take off and landing. I heard it helps them with the pressure in their ear. If he screams the whole trip oh well you will not see any of those people ever again... just relax and everything will be okay!

Merry Christmas!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

How can you nurse if the babies have to be belted in with you? or do they not have to be belted?

Emily said...

Not belted. You can nurse if you need to.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

That's good then.

Amy said...

Have a great trip!!! Merry Christmas!