Friday, December 14, 2007

Could I have a big red bow for that?

Well, Merry Christmas to us.

Last night we signed all the papers and handed over a nice little (little?!?) check for a down payment on a new car. Unfortunately the car is not on the premises here in McKinney and has to be transported from another dealership. The expected arrival date is the day after we leave for CA, so unless it gets here early, we will pick up our silver 2008 Toyota Rav 4 (2 wheel drive and as basic as it comes) when we return in January. This is second only to our house in the way of $$. Sheesh. It's a good thing for financing.

It will make for a boring Christmas morning since we won't be unwrapping any presents, but really, I'll take the car.

12 comments:

Juls said...

WOOHOO! I have never owned a new car in my life...enjoy!

Erin said...

Wow! Good for you!

I must say, I'm a little jealous...hauling Anna in and out of my Corolla is quite the chore.

Enjoy it!

The Drapers said...

How exciting! IS this the Celia I know? Buying a brand new car??? I am sure it was a well thought out decision, and all I have to say is good for you guys! Enjoy it!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yes. We bought a brand new car and plan on keeping it for the next 10 years. Seriously. It seats 5 normally but can fit 7 if you buy an extra seat to put in the cargo area.

We figured it was better to do this and have a safe car than to get a used/not as safe car that will give out in the next couple years.

We may have bought a used Rav4, but they had a complete safety overhaul after 2006 so we only considered 2007 and 2008.

becki said...

congrats celia!! dean is going to love driving it around in 16 years!!!

Emily said...

It's nice and shiny! Enjoy it!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Celia that is a great Christmas present. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope it gets there early. Have a Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Shoot, I should have asked for that for Christmas instead of scrapbook supplies! Oh well maybe next year. Congrats on your decision!

Brooke said...

Lucky! I love it!

Erin said...

Yay! New cars mean you're a real grown up! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

I love Becki's comment about Dean driving it!!

Erin S. said...

Wow! Congrats! I love that it's silver! That's my favorite car color right now!