Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Updating

I have been feeling very, very uninspired recently. I haven't wanted to blog, haven't wanted to craft, haven't wanted to do much more than survival really. Well, I guess I have been meal planning again, which is a plus since I was in a food rut about half of last year.

Luckily I have a good friend who knows what she's talking about when it comes to color, and with her (and Matt's) direction I have continued plodding along with my house updates. 

My most recent room has been the kitchen. It went from light yellow that blended into the off white cabinets to Sherwin William's Independent Gold, which looks a lot more like green at night.  I've gone back and forth on how much I like the color, but in the end, I like it. It looks good against the cabinets.  All I have left is behind the fridge and touch up, and I'll do that when we move the fridge to tile sometime in the next few weeks.

The first wall I painted to see if the color would work.


The contrast between the old and the new yellows.
before

after. I packed up nearly everything on top of the cabinets.


now to de-clutter the counter...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I really like the new color in your kitchen! I love to paint and am always amazed at how big of a difference a can of paint can make.