Sunday, November 01, 2009

All things Halloween

On Friday we took the boys to Scare on the Square (which was totally overcrowded and not worth the hassle) downtown. We dressed Walt in Dean's old bear bunting and Dean was a firefighter. My mother-in-law is a great seamstress and busted it out for us while she was here. It would have taken me as long to get up the gumption to cut out the pattern as it did for her to make the entire thing! Thanks Kris!!

On Saturday we carved 4 pumpkins. Matt carved the "roar" pumpkin and the "crazy eye" pumpkin. I carved the owl (mine) and the "doggie" (Dean's) pumpkins. I don't know why Dean kept calling it the doggie pumpkin, but that's what he thought it was. Later that evening Dean and I went to our ward's trunk-or-treat while Matt and Walt stayed home to take care of trick-or-treaters.

Walt hanging out while we carved pumpkins.



My new glasses that were accidentally transition lenses that I didn't want.
I'm picking up the correct new glasses tomorrow.







2 comments:

Juls said...

cool pumpkins. Did you have a pattern? I love the picture of Walt.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

we got good carving kits this year and they had patterns with it. We used patterns for the owl and the crazy eyed pumpkin. The doggie pumpkin and the roar pumpkin were our own creations. Dean has been VERY concerned for the doggie pumpkin since I threw it away!