Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Small fabric basket

I'm starting to look for good ideas for homemade gifts for Christmas. Pink Penguin has a very informative and visual pattern for this little ditty. It's a great gift in and of itself, but it would be a nice basket to house other homemade goodies.

It's my first attempt at anything patchwork and I'm fairly happy with it. I'd never done anything with box corners either. My friend Erin gave me the fabulous chocolate vinyl for the bottom, but pink penguin uses linen for the bottom and I'm sure it would be great. (The patchwork cloth is Metro Blue goes Green by Michele D'Amore for Marcus Fabrics for those who are interested.)

So you can get an idea of the finished size, I included pictures with my mini-scripture quad. If you're interested in how this would look in different sizes, Freda's Hive made 2 larger baskets using the same basic principles. (If I were to make a bigger basket, I'd probably use a different stabilizer or lining.)

9 comments:

Juls said...

Cute. I love the fabric.

Jodi Reeve said...

Adorable!

Lindsay said...

Wow! That's really cute! Good job!

Jennifer said...

That is really cute! Good job Celia!

Sarah Pace said...

Very cute, Good job!! If I had a sewing machine I might attempt to do things, but I guess that is also my exuse why I don't!

Erin S. said...

It turned out really great! It's the perfect thing for storing a few recipes in, or a notepad and pencils...

Maren said...

Very cute! Good job. I love the colors in the fabrics as well. What a fun size.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks guys!

LeAnne said...

I love it! Great fabrics.