Monday, December 18, 2006

The svithe I haven't written

It's been ages since I've written a good ol' svithe. It's kind of hard to want to do anything after church on Sundays since we don't get home until 6 pm and it's already dark. So I'm writing it on Monday when I didn't really get home until about 8:30 pm because of Christmas bustling and last minute visiting teaching (3 appointments).

This morning a co-worker and I were talking about the HR assistant position we both applied for. She told me that though there was only one opening right now that there would be another opening soon for the same position. We thought it would be fun if we both ended up filling those jobs since we enjoy working together. She then said, "We should both pray about it."

I like that she said that.

It's nice to live somewhere where people of two different faiths can pray about a common goal regarding work. We've talked quite a bit (for the little time I've worked there) about God and miracles and faith. She has such a great spirit about her and she has such a strong faith.

My supervisor talked to me today about the HR assistant position. She had me send the hiring HR coordinator an email telling her to call for a reference. I did, she did, and my supervisor gave me a glowing review. She said that the HR was impressed with what she had to say about me, and that she was going to talk with the hiring board about me. I feel good to know that someone who just met me a month ago is willing to stick her neck out for me because she sees some potential.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I hope you get the job!