Saturday, October 02, 2010

Living room before and after

I rearranged and painted my living room this past month. I did all the painting myself. One coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. So I painted this room 3 times!!! It took much longer than I expected. I still have the trim on the windows since it was bubbling from moisture damage, but that should be pretty quick.

My good friend Erin is an interior designer and she sketched up the remodel and suggested colors. I would have loved to change out my curtains for a cream with blue jewel tone accent, but that just wasn't in the budget. I mainly did this switch around so I could teach more than 1 student at a time, and since I haven't had much luck on the student front recently (I had a 5 person waiting list before I took a break after having Walt!), I decided I shouldn't put too much $$ into this yet. Thanks so much for all your help Erin! I love how it's coming together.

Before
Horrible picture placements above the piano, I know. I hung them when the furniture was different and never changed them after the rearranging.

I figured out a way to squeeze the stroller in the garage without too much hassle while still being able to park both cars in there. So nice to have it out of my living room.

What you saw from the front door.

After
The front entry. $3 yard sale bookshelf until I can afford something better. It's worked well enough so far.






You can see the practice piano and desk here. There will eventually be a flat computer monitor mounted on the wall above the desk for piano lesson purposes.
  
What you see as you walk in. I'm currently making some wall art to hang.


My family history wall.

A picture I got from a street artist at the yellow mountains in China. This was a finger sketch!

Another family tree on top of our hutch. The door on this hutch broke 3 weeks after we put it together. We misplaced a part needed to fix it, so it was missing a panel for over a year! When I took everything out to move it to paint, we found the piece! I was so happy when Matt fixed it this week.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Stunning! I love the color. I love the placement of furniture. You have worked so hard and it has paid off!

Juls said...

love the color! I am SO ready to get some color on the wall, I think I will try the primer and color in one (it is like $5 more a gallon, but I think it will be worth it) you are inspiring.

Erin S. said...

:) Looks fantastic! Great picture placement!!

Ali said...

Love the wall color! What is it?