Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walter at 9 months

My poor, poor little Walter. We went to his 9 mo. check up on Thursday. He still had fluid in his ears. She said the infection was gone, but I'm not sure it hasn't come back since then. His eye infection certainly came back today, and with all sorts of vengeance. This is his worst eye infection yet. Both eyes glued shut with gunk and matted all day long with the green snot looking discharge. He just looked so very ragged all day today.

His stats at 9 months:
Weight: 22 lbs. 9 oz. (73%)
Height: 29 3/4 in. (85%)
Head Circumference: 18 in. (56%)

His sleep training is going very, very slowly. I've slept on the couch nearly every night for the past month since he's in my room and I can't stand listening to him cry. He'd cry and cry and cry for well over an hour (sometimes 2 hours) when he woke up around 2 or 3. We've finally got him to the point where he's going down around 7 and sleeping until about 5 or 5:30, but then he thinks he's up for the day. Not good for me, especially since we've not been going to bed until about midnight recently. Once he can make it from 7 to 6:30 I'm moving him into Dean's room. I seriously need my room back.

He is very fascinated by the toilet right now and I have to remember to shut the lid and shut the door when I leave, or he's in there playing with the best of them. He pulls to stand on things, but he isn't walking while holding things yet.

This picture is for Grandpa Bras(s). He was very interested in the sharks playoff hockey game when Matt had it on.

1 comment:

Erin S. said...

Poor guy! Do you think allergies have anything to do with it? (He's got AWESOME dark blue eyes BTW! At least that's what it looks like in the picture.)