Wednesday, June 27, 2007

But I neeed it

Yesterday my 9 AM piano student asked me about half way through her lesson, "Do my eyes look different?"

"No." I said.

"Oh. Well I'm really tired. And this is how my eyes look when I'm really tired."

(Her again a few minutes later) "Do you drink coffee?"

"No." I said.

"I do." She said proudly. "I had to get up at 6 this morning. My mom told me I could have coffee later if I was too tired. I really need it today."

"Zoe, you're 9 years old. You don't need coffee to get you through the day."

"Some days I just neeed it."

SHE'S 9! and already thinks that the best solution to lack of sleep is coffee. It's summer. She doesn't have a job. Take a nap for heaven's sake. That's really what she neeeds.

6 comments:

nanci said...

I agree. I have a real problem seeing so many kids walk around with those wacko energy drinks too.

~yoga~ said...

That is just Laugh OUT Loud funny!!! I am from the South, and I can remember when my Great Aunt would make me cafe au lait. It was mostly milk, but that little teeny bit of coffee always made me feel grown up. As I look back now, I just laugh. It was what I saw and was taught. Now of course I don't drink coffee. But, can I take a nap? Pleease? I hope you are feeling well. I sure miss ya!

Lindsay said...

Now that is just silly.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

What also makes me kinda sick is every high school here in Mckinney has 1 or more Starbucks on site. It was a huge deal when they put vending machines at my High school.

Juls said...

when we were looking into programs one of the "area attractions" 4 starbcuks. That is an area attraction?

Th. said...

.

Wah, that's sad.