Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's about time!

I've always loved short hair. It's just so much quicker and easier to maintain and control. Plus you have to buy/use way less shampoo, conditioner, pomade, mousse, and hairspray. The cost of maintaining long hair adds up!

Until last Saturday, the last time I got my haircut was in UT for my birthday, April 2006. (first picture) A little over a year later I felt like my hair was out of control and too much to deal with. (second picture taken May 19, 07) So I called up my friend Kelly (I teach 2 of her kids piano) and booked an appointment with her for last Saturday. When looking through my past pictures I thought I might do an A-line bob, but after asking Matt what he thought, I changed my mind. This is what we decided on. (third picture taken today) She did a great job, and boy am I HAPPY! I'm also very lucky that I have a husband who likes my short hair too. I'd die if I had to keep it long for an extended period of time.




Plus I just LOVE drastic changes. I think it's because I love attention. And when you work with lots of women, they tend to notice things like this. Heck, even the men noticed this one! My 9 year old next door neighbor looked like she was going to cry when she saw my short hair. She's very much a princess-type girl and it was horrifying and shocking to her that I actually like and chose this short of hair.

Also, on a side note, I just bought 6 new shirts since all of mine are getting too small. Julie gave me lots, but they're for a little further down the road. I needed some in-between shirts, and you'd never believe where I found the best selection! Kohl's Jr.'s section!!! Since baby doll shirts and long shirts are in right now, I was able to find some really cute, cheap, and great stuff on the 60-70% off racks! (I'm wearing one in the last picture.) It worked out nicely since the Large shirts often are on the sales rack in the Jr. section. hehe. Most of them are pretty retro looking. When I tried on one of them for Matt, he said, "That looks like something my mom would have worn when she was pregnant with me!!"

3 comments:

Juls said...

love the hair. I think it makes you look 10 lbs lighter! (even from the picture a year ago) Do you remember when I cut my hair short like that in VA and you said that it was the worst haircut ever...was it just a bad haircut or just for me (I am thinking of going short like you).

Lindsay said...

Nice new 'do! It totally suits you. :)

Anonymous said...

No doubt about it, you can wear your hair any style you want. Your new style looks great on you!