Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home again, home again

We made it. Mostly in one piece. We had a marvellous time with my siblings. The trip went very smoothly.

I will write about our adventures soon, but I am a bit too tired tonight. I've thrown up two dinners in the last two hours, and I'm hoping the strawberries I just ate will stay down instead.

Since NY was the last stop on our trip, I'll leave you with a picture of the most interesting street performer I've ever seen in my life. (Ok, so it's not like I've seen droves of street performers, but even if I had, he'd still rank among the most interesting.) His performer name is Thoth. He dances in his loin cloth, stomps and bangles, plays the violin, and sings in an amazing castrati sounding operatic voice. It was quite the show. Seriously, I hope anyone who goes to NY will have the chance to see his performance in Central Park. It's a quite a singular event.

2 comments:

BWaterman said...

after our trip to the park i checked youtube and sure enough, if you search under "thoth" you'll find plenty of footage of his performances.

it turns out that the DVD he was selling was a documentary about him that won an oscar. i wish i had bought a copy.

i've seen him before, but this time was really amazing. it's funny that something that makes some people laugh can make others cry. this time i had a hard time not crying.

thanks for visiting!

Th. said...

.

Anybody named Thoth is okay with me.