Saturday, February 04, 2012

3rd baby 39 weeks

Well, we're still here. I figured I'd do a picture yesterday since I had Walter c-section at 39 weeks. I am happy to NOT be at the hospital with a c-section. I will gladly wait a little while longer.  After a week of walking back at 36 weeks, I switched back to jogging. I realized that just because I have 1 or 2 "hard" days, it doesn't mean I have to be finished for good or that other days will feel like that. I just try and listen to my body and jog if it feels fine and walk if it doesn't. So far I've only had 1 day I've had to jog/walk and the rest of the time I've kept on jogging. I did cut back mileage, so the longest jog I've done in the last two or three weeks has been 2.5 miles. Depending on whether or not I have the stroller, I'm still maintaining a 10-11 min. mile by myself and about a 12-13 min. mile with the stroller and both boys. I am very happy with it. It makes me feel strong and free, and like I am in control of my body.  I feel like I can do just about anything I set my mind to, which is exactly the confidence I need at this point. I have also been doing yoga on Saturday mornings the past month and have loved it. Something the yoga instructor said about natural birth has stuck with me: There is purpose in that pain. With a toothache or an injury you're just hurting.  But pain during childbirth comes and goes in waves and there is meaning behind it.  That is a very comforting thought to me.

I've had a few days of mild contractions or braxton-hicks or whatever, but mostly I've just been feeling normal, albeit pretty big bellied. At this point I am around 155 lbs, so I have gained 25-30 lbs. depending on when you want to start counting (from first dr. apt. or pre-pregnancy).  I've only gained 3 or 4 lbs. in the last 8 weeks I think.  

Here's a link to what I looked like with Walter at 39 weeks (at the hospital, just before we went in).

Here's a link to what I looked like with Dean at 39 weeks. Oh boy do I look worse for the wear in this one! (and I remember feeling very puffy).

4 comments:

Brian & Veronica said...

You look amazing and I'm totally inspired by your dedication to jogging. I wish I had that dedication. I give up too easy sometimes. I have so much I've been wanting to email you about--just want to catch up with you. I've been thinking about you a LOT the past 1.5 months as I've been doing a lot of reading about education. It's given me many opportunities to think of you and how I admired you, looked up to you, and wanted to be like you when I was a child. You were always so smart. I remembered I wanted to be your best friend b/c I wanted you to teach me how to be smart. LOL! :D hahaha. I'm funny. ;) Seriously though, I know you have a lot going on right now, but I will write an email soon. Love ya, and I'll pray that things go exactly as you've planned and hoped they would. V

Lesley said...

You look great! Cant wait to hear how things go.. Keep us updated:)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks V. I'll be looking forward to the email. Thanks Les.

roye said...

Consistent with "reverse positioning" understand the REAL Second coming would equate with The Matrix's Anti-Christ, the fake battle of good and evil which will come at the end.
I have spoken on this issue in years past. Understanding how they use the political environment to redefine people's value system, realize anyone who speaks of the old world and its ways will envoke hatred. So when/if the Anti-Christ comes along speaking of reverting back to what liberalism would consider repressed and immoral may be the only hope to salvage the god's favor and keep moving forward rather than begin the 1000 year clock. The fake Second Coming will feed into this political enviornment.
cheap flights to colombo
flights to colombo
colombo flights