Thursday, March 27, 2014

A few more of the babe

Last Saturday my old neighbors came for a couple of hours and took some pictures of Vivian at 1 week old. He's an amateur photographer and had purchased some new things when they had their baby 3 months ago and was willing to share his time and talent with us. It was fun to try and figure out how to make the shots work. He got some fun and good pictures out of it.

This week has been good. Full of ups and downs for sure. While my parents left, I haven't really been back into the full swing of things yet. My visiting teachers and home teacher and compassionate service leader brought us dinners Monday through today which was very helpful. I have been surprised at how tired I've been.  Driving into Walter's preschool really does me in. I've always been a bit narcoleptic in the car and being newborn sleep deprived makes me so much sleepier. By the time I go in and come back, I am ready for a nap! Vivian was not very fond of the stop and go traffic we encountered one day, and as she was crying, Walter plugged his ears and said, "It was a lot more peacefuller before we had that baby!" haha.

Edward is absolutely in love with "the baby" as he calls her. He wants to hold her, wants to read to her, wants to show her things. He really just wants to include her in everything. It is so cute. He melts my heart. The other boys love her too and are very gentle with her, but there is just something so earnest about the way that Edward includes her.

I'm trying to let go of the idea that things need to get done and just allow myself to be with my kids while I can. She requires a lot of my attention and I want to give as much love and attention to the other kids as I can so they know I still love them too. I'm glad I have a full month off of lessons still. Not quite sure how that's going to all go down when it's time to start back up, but I know the Lord will help strengthen me and things will work out in the end.





1 comment:

Heather said...

Great pictures, Celia! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)