Monday, May 30, 2011

A professional swimer, biker, and runner, hu?

Since I decided I wanted to do a triathlon sprint in the fall, I have been looking for a decent road bike at a good price (still looking), and I purchased my first speedo racer swimsuit since I was probably 12 and in swim team.  I also bought a swim cap, something I've never really used, and some good goggles.

Matt hasn't really been that supportive of me spending $$ on a bike and other stuff since I've never really biked and "don' t know if I'll stick with it". He wants me to spend no more than $100, but that is a joke!  Anyway, tonight as I was heading out the door to go do some lap swim, he saw me in my swim cap and jokingly said, "A swim cap? What, you want to be a professional biker, swimmer and runner now?"

My response was, "Why not? You'd rather that than I be a fat and lazy wife wouldn't you?" =) He couldn't not agree with that. hahahahaha.

4 comments:

leethie said...

I love swimming. I'm almost convinced to get a y membership again for my lap swimming. I did a spin class once at the y and was surprised how challenging biking was! It was a good workout. Will bikes to work for his exercise. Good hobbies. You go girl! Who knows, maybe Matt will join you someday.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

You know, after 8 years of marriage, Matt said he wanted to start running a little with me on Saturdays. He did 1 1/2 miles with me two weeks ago but cut the bottom of his foot so he didn't go last week. He used to bike to work in Provo since we only had 1 car, but who knows, maybe one day he'll pick it up again. As for swimming, I can't in my wildest dreams imagine him coming to do lap swim. =)

Amanda B said...

Maybe a dumb question, but are you checking out the bikes on craigslist? I'm convinced to never buy a new bike or bike rack again!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I did check craigslist and nearly bought a $1600 bike for $900, but chickened out since I'd never really ridden before and didn't feel competent to make that large of a decision. I've been using a friend's 26 year old road bike and it's been very good for me. They're letting me use it as long as I'd like, so I'll probably wait till I have this baby to buy something.