Monday, December 05, 2011

The beginning of the Christmas parties

Friday night we went to our first Christmas party at Raytheon. I don't know if they had it previous years and we just didn't go or what. It was pretty low key, but the kids had fun. Walt was enthralled by the electric trains. They decorated cookies and made some crafts, and as we were leaving we got to ride on a little train around the parking lot. Oh yeah, and they got to sit on a motorcycle. They had a good time and were pretty well behaved considering their behavior leading up to the party was less than desirable and the fact that Walter skipped his nap!





We went to a Christmas breakfast fundraiser at Dean's preschool Saturday morning. They'd been up since 6:50, had only had milk, and it was 8:30 by the time we got to the breakfast. They were serving pancakes, sausage, and orange juice.  I thought for sure the boys would both be all over the breakfast since they love pancakes at home and they were both hungry. However, they both took one bite (well, I think Dean may have had three bites) and were done!  I tried getting Walter to eat another bite, and he promptly spit it out onto his plate.  My pancakes are a whole wheat/oat mixture with real maple syrup and they usually have 2 pancakes a piece. I have to admit I was kind of happy to know that they're beyond wanting bisquick-type-white-bread-flavorless-pancakes with the thick fake sugar syrup. On the way home Matt asked if they liked the pancakes and Dean said, "They were not very good."  I used the last of my homemade pancake mix earlier this week, so we came home and I made them an Isagenix shake instead. =) I love Isagenix. I'm glad my boys do too!

No comments: