Thursday, November 22, 2007

In all things give thanks.

When everything in life is a gift from God (from the air we breath to the ones we love), it's hard to verbalize my gratitude sufficiently. Here are a few things I am most grateful for today.

  1. My husband who is a source of great strength for me.
  2. My son who recently joined our family. He was worth the wait and prayers.
  3. The Doctors and technology that made it possible for him to join our family.
  4. My parents and siblings as well as my extended family. I'm extremely sad to miss out on the huge family gathering this weekend for my Grandma's birthday celebration.
  5. Good friends from all stages of my life.
  6. The ability to keep in touch with friends and family I can't see on a daily (or yearly!) basis.
  7. A house to live in.
  8. My husband's job and the opportunity it affords me to stay home with our baby.
  9. Food to eat.
  10. Public toilets* that flush, have doors on the stalls (and actual toilets in the stalls rather than a trough!), provide toilet paper, and soap and water to wash hands.
*Though it's been almost 7 years since I lived in China, #10 is still quite important and amazing to me.*


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: